Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hi, my name is Life, but you can just call me Distraction.

Ok, so I've been terrible at keeping up with my blog posts! So let me give you the run down.

We've been selling books!! In the past few weeks we have sold... well... a lot (in my personal opinion). We've listed 357 books, sold 53 (I think?) made almost $400 (and it hasn't even been a month! Now, this is total not deducting the money we put into the business), got 4 reviews, giving us a 100% positive feedback rating, had 1 issue with shipping and made 2 returns. It hasn't all been easy, and things have been frustrating. But I'll be honest, things are going better than I ever expected in the first month!

We have only sold on Amazon so far, so we have a couple boxes of books to list on Ebay still (Curious is doing research on the best way to photograph the books so our listings look nice). Our wonderful artist friend is working on our logo (and let me tell you, it is amazing. Wait until you see it). We've yet to set up a Facebook or Pinterest account (you have to have a Facebook in order to get a Pinterest). I'm waiting for the logo to be finished before starting to network and actually telling everyone about our business/blog.

We've learned a few things:
-Curious doesn't like going to hundreds of little yard sales hoping to find a few books...I do.
-Organizing items by author works great, except for those that don't have authors and non-book items. We're going to have to reorganize our stacks this week
-The best way to keep track of cool yard/book sales you find is actually putting a calender together.
-It's much easier to do Amazon than Ebay, Amazon has everything set up for you! All you have to add is how much you want to charge for it. Ebay actually requires you to take pictures and post a description. However, Ebay is required if you actually want to sell vintage or collectible books.
-Keeping up on blog posts isn't easy to do! At least not for me.

And now I have a glass of wine calling my name. As always, please feel free to comment with any questions/comments/quotes.

~Quaint

Oh! did I mention that Curious has never read Alice in Wonderland or Through the Looking Glass!? I have handed him the book and informed him that he needs to read it as soon as possible. I may have been a bit annoying in that I kept trying to read him passages from it in order to stress my point.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: 
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
-Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment